Friday, September 26, 2008

Scrapbook Calendar Pages

I got to meet some really nice scrappers tonight at a local scrapbooking meetup called SHOTS. Cheryl was our gracious hostess and everyone brought a dish (Kandie's cookies ROCK!) and I probably talked more than I cropped tonight. But it was great, I really enjoyed the social side for a change tonight. I was given homework for tonight though... so, this is for Kandie, Nikki, Nina & Claudia! LOL!

CALENDAR PAGES: Every year, I organize my family albums with Calendar Pages. It takes at least four albums for a year's worth of Skinner Family Photos, so I put three months in each one. I make the calendars ahead of time and journal on the days as the month goes by. The photos that correspond to that month go on the pages behind the calendar. I have never had the luxury of alot of crop time because of work... but this system keeps me organized so that while I am far from 'caught up', I know right where every photo goes. I label photo boxes to correspond with each album... ex: Family Album 2006, Volume One (holds Jan, Feb & Mar of 2006). That makes it easy for me to just grab that album and the photo box that goes with it and I can work on those pages. Here's some samples from the past couple of years, each year has a different theme for the calendar pages... but the photo pages between the calendars do not reflect the 'theme'.

The title page for my family album 2006 volume 1...



January info page is on the left and the calendar is on the right. The theme for 2006 was Seven Gypsies, they were a popular company that year and very trendy. The tags show birthdays for that month and current info and my favorite photo of that month.





Here's my November calendar pages...





I really liked how the December calendars turned out...





Here's my 2005 December Calendar page... I used Anna Griffin papers and ribbons as my theme for my 2005 calendar albums.





Last year's 2007 Family Album was made with all black & white papers & photos. I collaged favorite photos from that month onto a Making Memories large chipboard letter. So, here is January's with the photos on the large J (for january...lol!)...





and February's...





Well, I've got a busy day tomorrow with SCRAP PINK! So, I better go to bed now. Send me an email or leave a comment if you have any questions about my calendar pages. I will be doing a retreat the very first weekend of January (FOUR DAYS LONG! YAHOO!) and will be teaching classes on how to do these. More info will be posted on the website (www.cropallday.com) or you can sign up for the email announcements there too. Goodnight All!

Tammy

4 comments:

Alisa Noble said...

Okay, so I missed this conversation down on the other end of the table. :)
What a great idea! I'm so bad at organizing like this. For 2007, I tried an idea from Ali Edwards using those large office clasp envelopes. I keep a lot of event ephemera... somethings get used on pages, some don't. This was a great way to store and organize these items. I would do some journaling with it and toss it into the envelope. The bad part is that it only works really well if you keep it up! LOL I think I only got halfway through the year. Pretty typical of me!

Yvonne, Tonya, and Erica said...

What a wonderful idea on how to do this. I would never remember to write on the calendar but it would help me out so much.

Those pages are great and I love the oversized "J" with the photos on it.

Gonna have to really think about adopting this program.

Anne said...

Okay - so on the calendar you do a quick jot of what happened that day if you took a pic?

Then when you went to do the acutal page you included more journaling on the actual picture page?

Love the letter idea with the pictures. Did you mod podge copied pictures on the letter?

Moma said...

You are amazing!!! I'm still trying to get my pictures in order! hehe I can't wait to share your idea with my sister, too.

We're now rewarding good behavior with "funny money" and have items for purchase like stuffed animal sleepovers, park days, picnics, etc. Its going well...they're still figuring it all out though. Thanks for the great ideas!

By the way....its Nikki! XOXO!!